How To Get Rid Of A Carpenter Ant Infestation On Your McAllen Property
November 20, 2022 - Carpenter Ants
If you're seeing large, black carpenter ants in your home, it's time to take action. These ants can cause a lot of damage to wooden structures, and you should not take them lightly. Many try to eliminate carpenter ants alone, but this is often unsuccessful. It's best to contact the McAllen pest control professionals at Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. With us on your side, you can rest assured that we will protect your home from these damaging pests. Read on to learn the signs of carpenter ants, the damage they can cause, and the best way to get rid of them in McAllen.
Clear Signs Of Carpenter Ants
Carpenter ants can be difficult to detect if you don’t know what to look for. However, there are several clear signs that you may have a carpenter ant infestation on your property:
- Large, black ants are crawling around your home or business: Carpenter ants are much larger than most other types of ants and typically black in color.
- Piles of wood shavings around your home: Carpenter ants do not eat wood but will tunnel through it to create their nests. When they do this, they leave behind small piles of wood shavings known as frass. If you find carpenter ant frass in your home, it is a good indication that you have an infestation.
- Swarmers: Carpenter ants also produce swarmers, which are winged males and females that leave the nest to mate. If you see carpenter ant swarmers on your McAllen property, it's time to call in the professionals.
- Small holes or tunnels in wood beams or furniture: Carpenter ants hollow out wood to build their nests, so if you see small holes or tunnels in your wood beams or furniture, it may indicate carpenter ants.
If you see any of these signs of carpenter ants, it is crucial to contact a pest control professional right away. The sooner you take action, the less damage the ants will create.
The Damage Carpenter Ants Can Create On Your Property
Unlike termites, carpenter ants do not actually consume the wood they infest. However, they do chew through it as they excavate tunnels. Carpenter ants will hollow out wood to build their nests, weakening your property's structural integrity. If left unchecked, carpenter ants can cause serious problems, including:
- Collapsing ceilings
- Sagging floors
- Cracks in walls and foundations
- Widespread damage to the wood frame of your home
Fortunately, early detection and treatment can help you avoid these damages. If you suspect that you have a carpenter ant infestation, don't hesitate to contact Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. We will quickly assess the situation and develop a plan to get rid of the carpenter ants before they cause any further damage.
Why You Shouldn't Try To Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants On Your Own
Trying to eliminate carpenter ants on your own can be difficult and time-consuming. The ants will return if you don't destroy the entire colony. Even if you can eliminate some ants, they will eventually return, and you will have to start the process again.
DIY and over-the-counter solutions for carpenter ants are typically less effective than professional treatments. Professionals have access to the most effective products for eliminating carpenter ants, as well as the training and experience to utilize them. Rather than wasting time and money trying to handle carpenter ants yourself, contact a professional so that you can have peace of mind that the infestation has been thoroughly eliminated.
The best way to ensure the elimination of all ants is to contact pest control professionals. At Bugworks Termite & Pest Control, we have the experience and tools necessary to find and eliminate the colony.
Contact The Pros At The First Sign Of Carpenter Ants On The Property
If you notice signs of carpenter ants on your property, don’t wait to seek professional assistance. The longer you wait to address the problem, the more damage these pests will inflict.
The best way to eliminate carpenter ants in McAllen is to contact Bugworks Termite & Pest Control pros at their first sign. Since 2004, we have provided quality pest control services to residents and businesses in the McAllen area. Our highly trained and experienced technicians will work quickly to remove the carpenter ants and take steps to prevent them from returning. Don’t let carpenter ants wreak havoc on your property – contact us today to get started with a free estimate.
Joseph did a great job with bee removal. He was professional and courteous. I've used this company several times in the past for everything from ants to roaches. I've been satisfied with the work done every time.