How To Get Rid Of Hornets: The Ultimate Guide To Hornet Control In McAllen
June 5, 2023 - Stinging Insects
How Hornets Are Different Than Other Stinging Insects
Because they are similar to bees and wasps, most people don’t know the difference between hornets and other stinging insects in McAllen.
Here are some of the key traits that set them apart from their biological cousins:
- Stingers: Unlike bees, hornets don’t die after stinging their prey or larger animals (that includes humans) that disturb their hives.
- Coloration: While some hornets have similar yellow-and-black coloration as bees and wasps, others can range in colors like black and even green. In Texas, the most common is the bald-faced hornet, which is typically black and white.
- Hives: Hornet nests are considerably bigger than a beehive or yellow jacket nest. They build papery nests out of wood fibers, typically beneath roof overhangs or in the shade of trees.
If you spot hornets around your property, get hornet pest control in McAllen from professionals right away.
Hornets Can Be Dangerously Aggressive
Because bees tend to die after they use their stingers, they are less prone to stinging people. Hornets, on the other hand, don’t have to worry about this and tend to be much more aggressive. Just like bee stings, hornets can lead to allergic reactions, and many don’t realize that they are even allergic to their venomous compounds.
This makes hornets extremely territorial and dangerous, which is why you should never attempt to remove a hornet’s nest on your property. Instead, you should turn to professionals who can provide safe and effective pest control for wasps and hornets.
At Bugworks Termite & Pest Control, we can help you safely address hornet nests on your property, as well as implement prevention measures that reduce your risk of future infestations.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of A Hornet Infestation
If you spot a hornet's nest on your property, or if you notice swarms that seem to be coming into your yard from nearby wilderness areas, you need to turn straight to the pros for safe and effective removal.
At Bugworks Termite & Pest Control, we have all the training and equipment necessary to address the problem without putting anyone in danger. Not only that, but we can treat your yard and perimeter with proven solutions that ward off future encroachment by stinging insects.
This kind of hornet control is safe and affordable, so don’t hesitate to contact us at the first sign of wasps or hornets so we can help you get rid of these stinging insects on your McAllen property.
Practical Tips To Prevent Future Hornet Problems
Now you know how to address hornets if they move in, but what about how to control hornets before they actually form nests around your property?
For that, you need to take these kinds of steps to reduce your risk:
- Landscaping: As hornets are pests that like to build their nests in shady areas, yards with overgrown trees can be attractive to them. Keeping your yard trimmed and less hospitable to invasive hornets is a good step.
- Moisture: Yards with bird baths, fountains, or puddles can be naturally attractive to hornets that need moisture to survive just like we do. Address or eliminate standing water sources around your yard.
- Pest control: The best protection comes from trained experts who know how to address all these attractants and even treat your yard with solutions that protect against all kinds of yard pests.
Reach out today to get help with wasps and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McAllen from Bugworks Termite & Pest Control.
"Very prompt and courteous service for our flea and tick control service. Employee Jorge Martinez arrived on time, answered any questions I had, and made my experience with Bug Works a very positive one. Thank you Jorge and Bug Works!"