How To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Clarksville Home
November 15, 2021 - Cockroaches
What Types Of Cockroaches Invade Clarksville Homes?
There are several types of cockroaches in Clarksville that you should keep an eye out for. The most common species that you may see in your home are the following types:
- American cockroaches: Medium-sized and a reddish to brown color
- German cockroaches: Small and a tan to dark brown color with two dark stripes on their back
- Oriental cockroaches: Large and dark brown to black
All of these types of cockroaches are adept at invading homes and can easily set up shop in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, or food storage areas. The key to stopping a cockroach problem is understanding the signs of cockroaches in your home (such as droppings, smear marks, and shed cockroach skins) and investing in cockroach pest control in Clarksville.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Cockroaches In My Clarksville Home?
Most people know that cockroaches are unhygienic and unwelcome visitors to their Clarksville homes, but not many know exactly how dangerous these pests are. A cockroach can carry many different diseases and bacteria around due to their time spent in areas like sewers and dumpsters. Cockroaches spread around these pathogens when they enter your home, contaminating your house and food storage areas.
Diseases that you may contract from coming into contact with a cockroach, their waste, or contaminated food include cholera, dysentery, gastroenteritis, and salmonellosis. Additionally, shed cockroach skins can trigger asthma attacks or respiratory allergies in some individuals.
How Can I Prevent Cockroaches In My Clarksville Home?
If you want to know how to prevent cockroaches in your Clarksville home, you can follow the tips below to keep these pests off your property.
- Inspect your house for potential entry points and seal up any gaps in windows, doors, and the foundation. Ensure that window and door screens are unbroken and consider putting door sweeps and weatherstripping in place. Also, keep exterior doors and windows closed as often as possible.
- Make sure that all trash is disposed of in tightly sealed bags as promptly as possible. You should also store leftover food properly and refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, as these are major cockroach attractants.
- Fix moisture issues and make sure there are no leaks inside or outside to stop cockroaches from being drawn to the moisture.
- Keep your home decluttered, throw out stacks of unused cardboard, and ensure your yard is clear of all debris. You should also keep your grass trimmed low, as all of these steps reduce cockroach hiding places.
How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Clarksville Home For Good
Contact expert cockroach pest control in Clarksville if you want to get rid of cockroaches in your Clarksville home for good, and prevention steps aren’t working the way you want. The professionals at The Bugs Guys are highly trained in cockroach removal. They will be able to provide you with effective, targeted solutions that enable you to claim your home back from any cockroach infestation in no time at all.
"I highly recommend BugWorks for any of your pest control needs. They are very professional and thorough with their work."