How To Prepare Your McAllen Home For Termite Season
March 15, 2022 - Termites
Termites in McAllen can be a nightmare to deal with if you aren’t familiar with the signs of termites on your property and proper termite removal tactics for all kinds of termites. Our article gives you insight into
When Is Termite Season In McAllen?
Termite season is when reproductive swarming termites leave their colonies and begin to look for new places to set up shop. There are a couple of different kinds of termites that you may encounter around your McAllen home; each termite type has a slightly different season that depends on its swarming time. Below, we give you insight into each termite type and when they are likely to swarm.
Formosan subterranean termites are aggressive termites in McAllen as they are known to destroy wood faster than most other subterranean species types. They typically swarm during the night from late May until early June.
On the other hand, Southeastern drywood termites will attack your home, but it may take them longer to cause significant damage. These kinds of termites typically swarm at nighttime from early spring until the fall.
How Do I Know If My McAllen Home Has Termites?
It is important to learn the following signs of termites to help you determine whether or not your property is experiencing an infestation and if you need to invest in professional termite removal tactics:
- Termite frass will be left behind near any areas this pest has tunneled into. These droppings appear like wood shavings and are commonly seen near baseboards or windowsills.
- Swarmer termites around your home may leave behind shed wings. These commonly appear on windowsills, doorjambs, or along baseboards.
- Mud tubes may be seen around your property and leading into your home.
- Hollow-sounding walls and tight-fitting doors and windows indicate a termite infestation, significant signs of termite damage.
What Does A Termite Infestation In McAllen Look Like?
Termites in McAllen will bring with them several tell-tale signs when an active infestation is underway in your home. If you are experiencing any of these items, you should be reaching out to the best termite control company for your McAllen home, Bugworks Termite & Pest Control Co, for assistance with termite protection in McAllen.
- Active termite infestations leave the wood around your property looking damaged, rotting, or breaking away. You may see exterior panels of wood breaking down or have issues with the internal wooden structures of your home starting to sink or become dangerous to live in.
- Mud tubes around your property and leading into your home will be everywhere during an active infestation. These tunnels are how specific termite species make their way into your home to start chewing through wood.
- Live termites spotted around your property, in rotting wood, or through the other areas of your home typically accompany severe termite infestations. If you see signs of this insect, reach out to the professionals at Bugworks Termite & Pest Control immediately.
How Does Bugworks Termite & Pest Control Get Rid Of Termites In McAllen?
For the ultimate termite protection in McAllen, you should be investing in the best termite control company for your McAllen home - Bugworks Termite & Pest Control Co. The professionals will get rid of termites by inspecting your property and identifying termite problem areas. With the help of effective, customized treatments, the specialists will be able to eradicate your termite problem and ensure your home stays termite-free for good.
I highly recommend BugWorks for any of your pest control needs. They are very professional and thorough with their work.