The Struggle With Effective Roach Control In McAllen
February 28, 2023 - Cockroaches
What Are Cockroaches?
Cockroaches are insects, and there are about 4,600 different types of them, though only about 30 types prefer to live around humans. The roaches that you will run into in McAllen are as follows:
- American Cockroach: Capable of flying and can live up to two years
- Texas Tree Cockroach: Capable of flying and loves being near water sources
- German Cockroach: Very rapid reproduction rates
- Oriental Cockroach: Give off a foul odor
- Brown-banded cockroach: Bear yellow and brown stripes and like dry areas
There are many different kinds of cockroaches that may find their way into your home, but only one company you need to call to get them back out. If you have roaches, call Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. We know how to get rid of cockroaches in McAllen.
Are Cockroaches Dangerous To Have In Your Home?
Cockroach infestations can cause homeowners a great deal of grief. Roach infestations seemingly come out of nowhere and can be very difficult to eliminate. Beyond this, however, roaches are very dangerous when they move into your house. Roaches carry diseases. They are naturally exploratory, and when outside, this can take them into sewers, garbage heaps, areas with stagnant water, and even animal carcasses. While exploring these places, roaches get exposed to bacteria and pathogens that cause diseases and medical conditions like salmonella, gastroenteritis, listeriosis, giardia, and E. coli infections. Roaches can then track these things back into your home and leave them all over your counters, cabinets, dinnerware, and furniture. You can then come into contact with them simply by living in your house and doing what you always do. You can get sick without ever knowing you are in danger.
Bugworks Termite & Pest Control doesn’t like the sound of that. Instead, we want to hear the sound of you calling us when you have roaches in your home. We know how to get rid of cockroaches.
How Cockroaches Find Their Way Into Your Home
Given that cockroach infestations can be so serious, here are some ways they get into your house:
- Unsealed garbage outside: Open garbage outside your home will draw roaches in close. Seal outside garbage to discourage roaches.
- Outside pet food: Leaving uneaten pet food outside can draw them up close too. Clean up pet food to deter roaches and other pests, for that matter.
- House openings: Roaches find their way in through gaps, cracks, and holes. Roaches can squeeze through surprisingly small spaces. Seal your house well to keep them out.
- Inside garbage: Roaches will stay inside if they find plenty to eat. Open garbage inside is a huge draw for roaches. Eliminate inside garbage to decrease food opportunities.
- Dirty house: Roaches are also happy eating crumbs if they are available. Clean floors and carpets frequently to remove a primary food source for all pests.
The above causes and associated solutions can help you decrease your chances of encountering roaches in your home but cannot guarantee that you will never see roaches inside. When that happens, you need a cockroach exterminator in McAllen. Call Bugworks Termite & Pest Control; we can help.
The Trick To Completely Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your House
Cockroach infestations can be difficult to control once established. Cockroach control products that are available for DIY efforts often fail to get rid of all the roaches, allowing them to return. The best way to get rid of roaches right the first time is to call Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. Call us today, and let us help you with all your pest problems.
"I loved the customer service they gave my mom house. Joseph did an excellent job. He was very informative and made my mom feel comfortable with the service he provided. I recommend this company and ask for Joseph. He has great customer service."