What To Do About Spiders Inside Your McAllen Home
March 30, 2023 - Spiders
There's no question that spiders are creepy. And if you're like most people, the thought of spiders in your home is a bit unsettling, perhaps even downright horrifying. But before you start spraying every bug you can find, it's essential to know a little about spiders and how to prevent them from invading your home.
In this guide, Bugworks Termite & Pest Control will discuss the common types of spiders in McAllen and easy and effective ways to keep spiders out of your house. Read on for all you need to know about spider pest control in McAllen.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
All spiders share some basic characteristics. Spiders have eight legs, two body regions (head and cephalothorax), and no antennae. They typically have eight eyes, although this can vary by species. Spiders also have fang-like mouthparts, called chelicerae, and spinnerets for producing silk. While the vast majority of spiders possess venom, which they inject into their prey, the venom of most spiders is not strong enough to affect humans.
There are many different types of spiders, but there are a few that are more common in McAllen than others:
- Daddy longlegs: While not technically spiders, these long-legged arachnids (also known as harvestmen) are very common in and around McAllen homes.
- Wolf spiders: Wolf spiders range in size and color but tend to be large, dark, and hairy. Unlike most spiders that catch prey with webs, wolf spiders hunt by chasing and attacking their prey.
- Black widow spiders: The black widow spider is one of the few types of spider that is capable of harming humans. They are typically black and may have a red marking on the abdomen.
- Jumping spiders: Jumping spiders have stout bodies with fairly short legs and are most often black. Like wolf spiders, they do not create webs for hunting; instead, they use their jumping ability to pounce quickly on prey.
Most spiders in McAllen are not dangerous and pose no threat to humans. However, black widow spider bites can cause serious symptoms. Call the professionals at Bugworks Termite & Pest Control if you see spiders in your home. We'll get rid of the spiders so you can rest easy.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
As previously mentioned, most spiders in McAllen are not dangerous to humans. Their venom, fortunately, isn't powerful enough to result in serious symptoms. Moreover, spiders are typically reclusive by nature and are unlikely to bite unless handled or otherwise disturbed.
However, the black widow spider is a dangerous spider in our area, and you should take precautionary measures when dealing with this species. If this spider bites you, you may experience the following symptoms: pain, nausea, vomiting, fever, and increased heart rate.
If a black widow spider has bitten you or a loved one, seek medical help immediately. If not treated promptly, these bites can cause severe illness. Symptoms can be even more serious in young children and elderly people.
Six Easy And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
Now that you know a little bit more about spiders, let's talk about how to prevent spiders from entering your home in the first place. Here are six easy and effective ways to get rid of spiders naturally:
- Remove any webs you find in and around your house.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Keep your yard tidy and free of debris.
- Seal any cracks or holes in your walls.
- Keep your windows and doors closed.
- Use natural repellents such as citrus or eucalyptus oil.
If you're having a persistent problem with spiders in your home, the best thing to do is to call a McAllen pest control company like Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. We'll be able to eliminate the spiders using professional-grade treatments and methods.
Quality Pest Control Makes The Best Spider Control
When it comes to spider control, there's no substitute for quality pest control. At Bugworks Termite & Pest Control, we have served the McAllen area with effective spider control since 2004. We know how to effectively get rid of spiders in your house and keep them from returning.
Leave it to us if you're concerned about spiders in your home. We'll be happy to come and take care of the problem for you. Contact Bugworks Termite & Pest Control today to learn more or to request a free estimate.
I loved the customer service they gave my mom house. Joseph did an excellent job. He was very informative and made my mom feel comfortable with the service he provided. I recommend this company and ask for Joseph. He has great customer service.