Do you have a mouse problem? Have you tried to get rid of the mice in your McAllen home with little or no success? If so, you should find this article helpful.
Today, we're going to discuss how to set traps properly, talk about what happens when you fail to trap mice, and look at ways to keep mice away. We'll also take a look at how to get rid of mice naturally. When you're done with this article, you should have the information you need to properly address your mice problem.
Why Is My Mouse Trap Not Working In McAllen?
There are many ways to create a trap for a mouse. You can set up something all-natural in your yard, such as a deadfall. This is a rudimentary trap that consists of a heavy rock, sticks, and cordage. When the mouse goes under the rock and triggers the trap, the rock falls and crushes the mouse. This is simple and cheap to create. But, is it the best way to catch mice? Not really.
There are many traps that can be purchased to do this job and you don't have the pain of setting them up. What are the best mice traps? There are several traps that can get the job done. You can even trap mice with the tried-and-true spring-loaded trap. But, even with the best mice traps, it can still be difficult to catch mice. Why?
- Mice are smart. They can tell when something is dangerous.
- Mice may smell you on the traps. If they do, they'll avoid them.
- You may place the traps in the wrong spots. Mice stay near walls or move around objects. They don't like open spaces.
- You may have trap-shy mice. A mouse can come to your home after already having a bad experience with a trap.
- You might use the wrong bait. This is the big one.
What's The Best Bait For A Mouse Trap In McAllen?
You might have it in your mind that mice prefer cheese. You can thank cartoon creators for this. We're all familiar with the cartoon mouse going after cheese. But cheese is not the best bait for a mousetrap. What is the best food to catch mice? You have to consider what the dietary staples for a mouse are.
Mice don't live on cheese. They live on seeds, grains, and nuts. So, the best food to catch mice is a food that has seeds, rice, or nuts, such as peanut butter or a sticky gob of cooked rice. This will catch the attention of mice and make them want to nibble on the latch of your trap. If your trap is set right, you'll catch a mouse.
The Diseases Mice In McAllen Can Spread
Now that you know the best way to catch mice, and what baits work best, are you all set? Maybe. Maybe not. Mice can live in your home without making a noise, and they can completely avoid your traps. Licensed professionals use field-tested methods to make sure no mice remain in a structure.
If you attempt to get rid of mice on your own, you could leave yourself exposed to property damage and rodent-related diseases. What kinds of diseases do mice carry? Here are a few examples:
- Salmonella, E. coli, hookworms and other microscopic organisms that mice pick up from dumpsters, sewers, and other dirty places.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, which is caught from exposure to mouse droppings.
- Lyme Disease. You can get this from the ticks mice carry.
- Murine typhus or bubonic plague. You can get these from the fleas mice carry.
What Is The Most Humane Way To Get Rid Of Mice In McAllen?
You're aware of the danger. You know that mice can make you sick. Is there any way you can reduce the risk of rodent-related diseases and get control of mice naturally? Yes. There are all-natural pest management strategies that could help you get rid of the mice in your home.
Here's how to get rid of mice naturally:
- Protect your food.
- Keep mice out of garbage.
- Remove food debris from your yard.
- Seal entry points in your exterior.
- Make your yard less inviting by removing hiding places, water sources, and food options.
Professional Mouse Control In McAllen
Okay. We've covered a lot of ground today. You have the knowledge you need to catch mice, and also know ways to keep mice away. But it's a lot of work - work that might not successfully get rid of all the mice in your home. If you want the best control possible, and you want to know that your mice problem has been corrected, reach out to us.
The technicians here at Bugworks Termite & Pest Control use industry-leading methods and products to arrest mouse infestations and prevent future infestations. Reach out to us for help. It's the best way to deal with mice in McAllen.
Joseph did a great job with bee removal. He was professional and courteous. I've used this company several times in the past for everything from ants to roaches. I've been satisfied with the work done every time.