Ant Control In McAllen Is An Absolute Necessity
August 29, 2022 - Ants
The heat of the summer means we can enjoy the outdoors. But while nature is flourishing throughout the sunny months, it goes hand in hand with some of Texas's most obnoxious pests. Ants thrive in the summer, and if they find what they’re looking for, they’ll invade homes. Bugworks Termite & Pest Control provides prompt, effective pest control in McAllen.
The Importance Of Regular Ant Control Treatments
Ants are busy all spring and summer. They set up multiple nests and some species can forage in large groups, which means they’ll discover new areas quickly. Hiring ant control near you or keeping a regular check on the ant populations on your property can make all the difference in comfort at home. Some reasons to get regular pest control treatments are:
- Infestations may go unnoticed for some time, which means they may get out of hand if you aren’t proactive about it.
- Ants find their way into everything to get what they need. It’s best to make sure your property is as uninviting as possible.
- Treating for ants can also keep other pests away that might tend to infest a property.
If you treat for ants ahead of time and on a regular basis, you’ll never have to deal with a large infestation. Large infestations will take a longer amount of time to fully eradicate, so you might spend more days being uncomfortable in the midst of a full-blown ant problem. At Bugworks & Termite Pest Control, we provide year-round protection to stave off every pest that might come into your property.
Should I Kill Ants I See Around My Home?
Seeing one of these six-legged insects usually makes us want to crush them. If there’s only one, you might think that killing it will stop it from telling its friends about what it may have discovered. But crushing an ant may attract others. When you crush an ant:
- It releases pheromones.
- Other ants smell the odor of the pheromones and come to investigate.
- These ants might investigate the area to see if there are any foraging opportunities.
Outside a lot of ant colonies, you’ll find a midden. A midden is a location quite similar to a dumpster. Ants take their waste, contaminated items, and the deceased members to this area to keep their colony from getting infected. Whether there’s a midden or not, ants are built with the instinct to evaluate dead members of their society through the release of pheromones upon expiration.
Is It Safe To Spray Store-Bought Ant Spray In My Home?
When you find out you have an ant problem, you’ll most likely want to take immediate measures to fight back. However, being too trigger-happy with sprays can be dangerous. Some reasons not to use sprays for ants at the home are:
- There aren’t many ant control products safe for pets.
- Most sprays are toxic to children.
- Some toxic sprays may only serve to kill soldier ants and be ineffective at killing the queen and the colony workers.
- Homeowners tend to overuse sprays since they don’t know how to strategize for infestations. This leads to a property being filled with harmful toxins.
- Toxins might harm helpful or preferable wildlife in your yard.
While you might know where you’ve sprayed, your pet or your child will most likely not. Sprays can make people sick or uncomfortable, and if you start over-spraying, the whole house could become a danger zone for you, while the ants find other avenues that keep them busy. Ant control solutions are best left to professional ant pest control like Bugworks & Termite Pest Control.
Solving Nuisance Ant Problems In McAllen
Don’t let an ant menace ruin your summer. Start keeping yourself aware of how to keep them away and practice constant prevention during the sunny months. To prevent ants from infesting, you can practice both ant control in your house and outdoor ant control. You should:
- Keep food in airtight containers.
- Promptly clean up spills and cooking surfaces after use.
- Fill in all cracks and crevices on the home exterior.
- Trim and prune all brush, branches, and other vegetation that leads to the house exterior.
If prevention practices don’t work, you can always call us at Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. We have two decades of expert service in the McAllen area, providing same-day inspections and emergency service. If ants are bothering you this season, pick up the phone and call us today.
I highly recommend BugWorks for any of your pest control needs. They are very professional and thorough with their work.