Unpacking The Trouble With Termites In McAllen
October 17, 2022 - Termites
Why Do They Call Termites Silent Destroyers?
Termites are often called silent destroyers because they're so good at hiding. They can be infesting your home for months, even years, without you ever knowing. By the time most people realize they have an infestation of these wood-destroying pests, the damage has already been done. That's why it's so important to know the warning signs and to call a professional at the first sign of trouble.
Four Termite Warning Signs Every Homeowner Ought To Know
The key to catching a termite problem early is to know what signs to look for.
Here are some warning signs of termites in your McAllen home to look out for:
- Mud tubes on the outside of your home: Termites build mud tubes to travel from their nests to your home. If you see mud tubes on the exterior of your foundation or walls, it's a good indication that you have an infestation.
- Swarmers: Swarmers are winged termites that leave their nests in search of mates and new places to build colonies. If you see swarmers inside your home, it's a sure sign that you have an infestation.
- Wood that sounds hollow: Termites eat wood from the inside out, so if you tap on wood in your home and it sounds hollow, it could be a sign of termites.
- Discarded wings: Swarmers shed their wings after they find mates and start new colonies. If you find wings in your home, there is likely a colony of active termites nearby.
If you're noticing any signs of termites, don't hesitate to call Bugworks Termite & Pest Control. Our licensed termite professionals will come out and thoroughly inspect your home for signs of an infestation. We'll also be able to tell you what kind of damage has been done and recommend the best course of action for treatment.
I Found Termite Warning Signs, Now What?
If you find signs of a termite problem in your McAllen home, don't panic, and don't try to treat it yourself. Termites are no ordinary pest; they're very difficult to get rid of, and if you don't know what you're doing, you could end up making the problem worse. The best thing to do is call a termite removal professional to properly assess the situation and recommend a course of action. Bugworks Termite & Pest Control has more than 18 years of experience dealing with termites in McAllen, so we know how to effectively get rid of them and make sure they don't come back.
Do I Really Need Professional Termite Control?
Professional termite control in McAllen is the only way to get rid of your infestation and prevent future ones. While there are some do-it-yourself solutions available out there, they're not effective, and they can actually make the problem worse. Bugworks Termite & Pest Control has the tools and expertise to properly treat your home for termites. We also offer a variety of service options to help prevent future infestations.
Some people try to save money by treating their own homes for termites, but it's not worth the risk. It's better to invest in professional termite control now so you don't have to worry about the cost of repairs later.
With professional termite control, you will:
- Save money: Termites can cause a lot of damage to your home if they're left untreated. The sooner you catch an infestation, the less damage they'll be able to do. This can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Prevent future infestations: Once we get rid of your termite problem, we'll also take steps to prevent them from coming back. This will save you a lot of time and hassle in the future.
- Gain peace of mind: Knowing that your home is free of termites can give you peace of mind. You'll be able to relax and enjoy your home without worry.
The sooner you take action, the better. If you think you might have a termite problem, don't wait; call Bugworks Termite & Pest Control for a free inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in McAllen.
"Very prompt and courteous service for our flea and tick control service. Employee Jorge Martinez arrived on time, answered any questions I had, and made my experience with Bug Works a very positive one. Thank you Jorge and Bug Works!"